The Center for Advanced Vehicle and Extreme Environment Electronics (CAVE3) at Auburn University is dedicated to working with industry in developing and implementing new technologies for the packaging and manufacturing of electronics with special emphasis on the cost, harsh environment and reliability requirements of the vehicle industry.
Center personnel work directly with the member companies to identify challenges and opportunities for new materials, processes and approaches to the production of electronics. The member companies select the research projects. Semi-annual project reviews, visits, monthly updates and frequent phone calls maintain a close interaction between the industrial members and Center researchers. CAVE3 currently has 30 members teamed up with Auburn representing material, component, equipment and electronics assembly companies.
- Lall, P., Zhang, H., Assessment of Lumen Degradation and Remaining Life of Light-Emitting Diodes Using Physics-Based Indicators and Particle Filter, ASME Journal of Electronic Packaging, Volume 137, No. 2, doi: 10.1115/1.4028957, pp. 1-10, June 2015
- Lall, P., Wei, J., Prediction of L70 Life and Assessment of Color Shift for Solid State Lighting Using Kalman Filter and Extended Kalman Filter Based Models, IEEE Transactions on Device and Materials Reliability, Volume. 15, No.1, doi 10.1109/TDMR.2014.2369859, pp. 1-15, March 2015.
- Lall, P., Shantaram, S., Suhling, J., Locker, D., Stress-Strain Behavior of SAC305 at High Strain Rates, ASME Journal of Electronic Packaging, Volume 137, No. 1, doi:10.1115/1.4028641, pp. 1-16, March 2015.
- Lall, P., Lowe, R., Comparison of Prognostic Health Management Algorithms for Assessment of Electronic Reliability Under Vibration, ASME Journal of Electronic Packaging, Volume 136, No. 4, doi:10.1115/1.4028163, pp. 1-8, December 2014.
- Lall, P., Shantaram, S., Locker, D., High Strain Rate Properties of SAC105 and SAC305 Leadfree Alloys after Extended High Temperature Storage, Journal of the SMTA, Volume 27, No. 1, pp. 13-27, 2014
- Lall, P., Zhang, D., Yadav, V., Locker, D., KEYNOTE PRESENTATION: High Strain-Rate Constitutive Behavior of SAC105 and SAC305 Leadfree Solder During Operation at High Temperature, Proceedings of the EuroSIME, Budapest, Hungary, pp. 1-11, April 19-22, 2015.
- Lall, P., Wei, J., Sakalaukus, P., KEYNOTE PRESENTATION: Bayesian Models for Life Prediction and Fault-Mode Classification in Solid State Lamps, Proceedings of the EuroSIME, Budapest, Hungary, pp. 1-13, April 19-22, 2015.
- Lall, P., Deshpande, S., Nguyen, L., High Temperature Storage and HAST Reliability of Copper-Aluminum Wirebond Interconnects, ASME International Congress and Exhibition (IMECE), Montreal, Canada, Paper Number IMECE2014-39524, Session 13-17-1, pp. 1-14, November 14-20, 2014.
- Lall, P., Zhang, D., Yadav, V., Locker, D., Measurement of the High Strain Rate Mechanical Behavior of SAC305 Alloy at Product Operating Temperature and Derivation of Anand Viscoplasticity Constants, Proceedings of the SMTAI, Rosemont, IL, pp. 284-292, September 28-October 2, 2014.
- Lall, P., Mirza, K., Assessment of the Effect of Mean Temperature on Thermal Cycling Reliability of SAC Solder Joints Using Leading Indicators of Failure, Proceedings of the SMTAI, Rosemont, IL, pp. 373-387, September 28-October 2, 2014.
- Lall, P., Deshpande, S., Wei, J., X-ray Micro-CT for Non-Destructive Analysis of Cracks and Defects in Fine-Pitch Electronic Packages, Proceedings of the SMTAI, Rosemont, IL, pp. 757-764, September 28-October 2, 2014.